SNF Agora offers select JHU undergraduate and graduate students the unique opportunity to be ambassadors for SNF Agora Visiting Fellows. This is an exciting chance to support the democracy-promoting work of some of the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners from civil society, government, industry, academia, and media.
SNF Agora Student Ambassadors support Visiting Fellows during their time at Johns Hopkins University by helping them navigate university life, introducing them to the student community, and providing other support as needed. In exchange, Student Ambassadors have the opportunity to develop one-on-one relationships with Visiting Fellows, and possible mentoring opportunities. Visiting Fellows rely on SNF Agora Student Ambassadors to help them with their research, promote and staff their events and programs, and support their course instruction (a list of responsibilities is below). While the time commitment varies depending on which Visiting Fellow is being supported, students are generally expected to commit to an average of three to six hours per week while the Visiting Fellow is in residence.
We welcome student applications through July 31, 2021; use the link below to submit your application. Please note that members of SNF Agora’s Student Engagement Board are given priority for this opportunity. Please note this position is unpaid.
SNF Agora Student Ambassador Opportunities:
- 1:1 mentoring from the Visiting Fellow you are matched with
- Brown-bag lunches with all Visiting Fellows
- Early access to limited-seating programs offered by the SNF Agora Institute
- Exposure to prospective career paths
SNF Agora Student Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Assist your Visiting Fellow mentor in their work such as performing discrete research assignments, compiling data, drafting information, etc.
- Publicize and promote your Visiting Fellow mentor’s events and courses to student groups and the wider community, in person (flyers, etc.), and on social media
- Serve as the Visiting Fellow’s liaison to student groups that partner on events
- Assist your Visiting Fellow mentor with event preparation, including event materials (slides, handouts), and space set-up
- If matched with a Visiting Fellow who plans to teach, assist with course preparations and setup at least once per week (preparing slides, operating laptop, classroom seating, etc.)
- Staff office hours for your Visiting Fellow mentor as needed
- Help the Visiting Fellow learn their way around campus and Baltimore
- Schedule and organize off-campus events the fellow might attend within Baltimore
- Meet weekly with your Visiting Fellow mentor to review their calendar and needs and receive mentorship
- Attend occasional 30-minute SNF Agora Student Ambassadors meetings with SNF Agora staff
Ready to apply? Use this link to submit your application for the SNF Agora Student Ambassador’s program! Please submit all applications by 11:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2021.
Question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.