- 11:00-15:00 ET each day (08:00 San Francisco, 12:00 São Paulo, 15:00 GMT, 16:00 Lagos, 18:00 Nairobi)
For the second year, Democracy Moves, an international coalition of youth activists across the world focused on improving democratic conditions in their respective communities, will hold a multi-day virtual convening. We will gather hundreds of youth activists and scholars from around the world over three days. to showcase organizational leaders who work with youth activists, young people themselves, and scholars focused on effective examples of youth activism. The conference will be in English but offer translation services in Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
To register, click here or on any of the events below.
- Conversation Oct.18.2021 Introductory Remarks, Icebreaker, and Conference Overview
- Panel Discussion Oct.18.2021 Panel and Breakout Session: State of Youth Activism
- Training/Workshop Oct.18.2021 Activist Workshop #1: Fundraising for Your Work
- Training/Workshop Oct.18.2021 Scholar Workshop #1: Scholar Network Introduction
- Conversation Oct.18.2021 Day One Breakouts and Reflection
- Conversation Oct.19.2021 Day Two Introductory Remarks, Icebreaker
- Panel Discussion Oct.19.2021 Panel and Breakout Session #2: Shrinking Civic Spaces
- Training/Workshop Oct.19.2021 Activist Workshop #2: Design and Implementation of Participatory Processes
- Training/Workshop Oct.19.2021 Scholar Workshop #2: Scholar Network Issue Deep Dive
- Conversation Oct.19.2021 Day Two Breakout and Reflection
- Conversation Oct.20.2021 Day Three Introductory Remarks and Icebreaker
- Oct.20.2021 Panel and Breakout Session: Democracy Beyond Elections
- Training/Workshop Oct.20.2021 Activist Workshop #3: Communications and Social Media
- Training/Workshop Oct.20.2021 Scholar Workshop #3: Participatory Research and Decolonization
- Conversation Oct.20.2021 Closing Remarks
The Scholars Network is co-organized by the SNF Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University and the Research Hub for Youth Organizing at University of Colorado Boulder.