The SNF Agora Student Engagement Board was founded in fall 2019. Each year, we will select up to 15 Johns Hopkins students to serve on the board. Applications are reviewed and board members are selected in the spring for the following academic year. The board meets once a month throughout the fall and spring semesters. Board members are expected to commit approximately 4 to 5 hours of their time each month. Participation is open to both graduate and undergraduate students. Board members will serve a one-year term that will be renewable upon mutual agreement.
The Student Engagement Board will work with SNF Agora faculty, staff, and leadership both to raise awareness about and participate in the development of our mission and presence on campus and in the broader community. Additionally, in an ongoing capacity, the Student Engagement Board will:
- Provide insights on ways that SNF Agora can embed/become relevant to the larger student population
- Serve as SNF Agora ambassadors on campus, including leading efforts to engage relevant student groups, programs, etc.
- Connect SNF Agora with students for collaborations, outreach, engagement
- Support efforts to create SNF Agora programming, events, and activities for broader community
- Provide support for marketing and production of SNF Agora’s events and other activities
- Engage in select focus groups to provide student perspective on projects (such as the design of the new building with Renzo Piano Building Workshop, the development of relevant curricular and extracurricular offerings, specific program efforts, etc.)
- Have access/opportunity to engage with SNF Agora visitors, faculty, distinguished scholars, and fellows for special events, dinners, etc.
- Provide mentorship to new members and potential members of the Student Engagement Board
- Act as SNF Agora student representatives for meetings with faculty, trustees, elected officials, policy makers, and others.
The deadline for this application is April 17, 2020.
- Course Intersession 2020,M-Th 11AM-2P This is Not Propaganda
- Course Intersession 2020, M-F 4PM-7PM In Search of Intelligent Debate
Intersession 2020,M-F 10AM-1PM
Russia, 2016 and the Future of Information Warfare
- Scott Shane
- Course Intersession 2020,M-F 11AM-2PM Practicing Democracy
- Course Fall 2019, TH 4:30PM-5:45PM The Politics of Conversation
- Course Fall 2019, MW 3PM-3:50PM Democracy and Development: Theory and Cases
- Student Engagement Board Member Sarah Abdullah
- Student Engagement Board Member Kowsar Ahmed
- Student Engagement Board Member Claudio Fiorini
- Student Engagement Board Member Kendall Free
- Student Engagement Board Member Kevin Gianaris
- Student Engagement Board Member Dennis Gong
- Student Engagement Board Member CJ Higgins
- Student Engagement Board Member Leonardo Olivera Perez
- Student Engagement Board Member Patrick Rao
- Student Engagement Board Member Elizabeth Raphael
The SNF Agora Institute welcomes the opportunity to partner with Johns Hopkins University students and student-run organizations who share its mission of strengthening civic engagement and inclusive dialogue. Opportunities for collaboration include:
- Inviting scholars and experts to campus
- Designing courses and academic opportunities
- Co-hosting conferences and events
- Use of SNF Agora’s space for related student activities
Students who are interested partnering with SNF Agora should direct all inquiries to Catherine Miller.