The virtual conference will connect youth activists with civics practitioners and scholars from around the world in order to discuss the best practices of youth advocacy and challenges facing democracy in the current moment. Bringing together stakeholders from all corners of the world, including Thailand, India, South Sudan, Paraguay, and more, these two days will foster connections between disparate movements, inspire greater efficacy in the global fight for democracy and justice, and set the stage for future collaboration and conversations
- Oct.6.2020 Introductory Remarks and Conference Overview
- Oct.6.2020 Panel 1: Youth Activism in the Time of COVID-19
- Oct.6.2020 Panel 2: The Imperative for Racial and Economic Justice
- Oct.6.2020 Breakout Session 1: Sharing Best Practices in Youth Activism Across Borders
- Oct.6.2020 Capacity Building Workshop 1: Remixing Stories
- Oct.7.2020 Panel 3: Sparking an International Youth Activism Movement
- Oct.7.2020 Panel 4: Is Democracy At Risk?
- Oct.7.2020 Breakout Session 2: Forming a Youth Activism Infrastructure
- Oct.7.2020 Capacity Building Workshop 2: Leadership in Civil Resistance Movements: Four Key Roles that Activists Play
- Oct.7.2020 Closing Remarks and Discussion
Presented by the SNF Agora Institute with support from the Global Network for Youth Action.